- On the website of the department of public education in Geneva, a page about the "story bags" (description of all the steps and video lasting 13 minutes), an approach involving parents (in French)
- A report about students of a primary school class in Paris who have investigated their origins, the history of their families, have shared their mother tongues, have discussed racism, immigration, etc.) (in French)
Web Sites with educational resources for plurilingual education
- FREPA (CARAP) A framework of reference for pluralistic approaches). Pluralistic approaches involve the use of several varieties of languages or cultures simultaneously during the teaching process. Numerous activities are available on the website
- EOLE Éducation et ouverture aux langues à l'école - Education and opening to languages at school)
- EDILIC Éducation et Diversité Linguistique et Culturelle, with several bibliographic resources, a database with free access and tools for activities in the classroom, such as "La malle aux langues et aux cultures" (in French and English)
- ELODiL (Eveil au langage et à la diversité linguistique): a Canadian website for teachers working in multi-ethnic and pluriligual settings, and for those who wish to develop their pupils' intercultural and linguistic competences, in particular in disadvantaged areas
- Dulala, an association that tries to help bilingual families and professionals involved in multicultural environments to work with languages and cultures of origin (in French):
- Educational resources about multilingualism: videos with cards designed to exploit them
- The European Picture Book Collection, which was designed to help pupils to find out more about their European neighbors through reading. Educational activities are proposed in relation to the chosen books. (in English)
- Cravie (Strasbourg, France): a page with educational tools designed to work with immigration languages in the classroom
- Migrilude, a Swiss-based company dedicated to language, language literacy, foreign languages, including minority languages, publishing books that support bilingualism and plurilingualism, and help develop language awareness and plurilingual education (in French and English)
- Colorin Colorado I genitori stranieri raccontano le fiabe. Sul portale del gruppo COME, che presenta percorsi di accoglienza, integrazione, educazione interculturale, va segnalato tra i progetti "Colorin Colorado". I genitori stranieri hanno raccontato fiabe nelle loro materne; ne è nata una pubblicazione.
- Foreign parents tell fairytales. Project and booklet edited by COME - reception programme, intégration, éducation interculturelle.
Facebook pages and blogs
- A Facebook page created by parents for parents, with this motto: "We parents do not want to remain outside the school gates and be mere spectators of our children's schooling. We want schools to be part of the world, and the world is plurilingual and multicultural." The aim of this page is to disseminate information about our ECML project to parents and the general public. It is also about sharing experiences, articles and blogs, by parents and professional educators, and show that parental involvement in schools is necessary for the development of our children's openness to other languages and cultures. The page is in Spanish (and English)
- ELODiL (Éveil au langage et ouverture à la diversité linguistique) bout the development of pupils' intercultural and linguistic competences (in French)
- A blog with links on the involvement of immigrant families in schools (in Spanish)/Un blog que contiene enlaces a artículos que tratan sobre la participación de las famílias immigrantes en las escuela
About parental involvement
(more references can be found under Parents (information about parental involvement)
- Established at Johns Hopkins University in 1996, the National Network of Partnership Schools invites schools, districts, states, and organizations to join together and use research-based approaches to organize and sustain excellent programs of family and community involvement that will increase student success in school.